iPad and iPhone factory reset
Before doing iPad or iPhone factory reset, try to restart your device and see if your issues go away. If not, remember to back up your data before doing factory reset because it will wipe everything out. Read this article to follow the proper way of creating iPhone backups.
When to do it
- If you are selling your device and want to remove all your data.
- If your device keeps crashing or freezing.
- Other software issues.
How to do iPad or iPhone factory reset
- Go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase All Content and Settings.
- If you have a pin, it will ask you to enter your pin.
- Tap on Erase iPhone (it may take up to several minutes).
When you turn on your device, you will see iOS Setup Assistant asking you to restore your backups, setup as new iPhone, or move data from Android. Go on with the option that suits you.