How to Screenshot on iPhone X
If you owned a previous iPhone model or any Android smartphone, normally, you would screenshot by pressing the Power and Home buttons simultaneously. Even though there is no Home button on iPhone X, it doesn’t mean that taking screenshots is tricky or complicated.
Press the Volume Up and Lock buttons at the same time to capture a screenshot. Your screen will flash, and you will hear the familiar shutter sound: your screenshot thumbnail will appear on the bottom left corner of your iPhone.
The thumbnail will disappear after a few seconds, or you can dismiss it by swiping left. You can also edit your screenshot by tapping on its thumbnail on the bottom left corner of the display.
How to close apps on iPhone X
- Swipe up from the bottom of the display, where the Home button used to be, and you will see the thumbnails of the apps that are running on your iPhone.
- Hold down on the app thumbnail, and red buttons with minus sign will appear.
- Tap on the red buttons to close the apps that you are not using.
How to show battery percentage on iPhone X
You are probably used to seeing the battery percentage in the status bar of your cell phone. Unfortunately, if you have an iPhone X, there is no way of doing so. However, there are other ways of quickly revealing the battery percentage:
- Check the Control Center: just swipe down from the upper right-hand corner to see your battery percentage.
- Ask Siri “What’s my battery percentage?”, and Siri will give you the answer.
- Charge your iPhone X, and the battery percentage on your screen will appear on your screen.
How to activate Siri on iPhone X
On earlier models, you would press and hold the Home button to summon Siri. Since there is no Home button on iPhone X, you are probably lost by trying to figure out how to use Siri. There is more than one way of calling Siri on iPhone X:
- Press and hold the Power button until you see “What can I help you with?” question and little Siri on the bottom.
- Set up “Hey Siri”: go to Settings >> Siri & Search and choose to enable “Listen for Hey Siri”. Now you can say “Hey Siri”, and it will activate Siri.