Technology made it easy for us to store our data on different platforms. It also made it easy to lose access to your own data. So if you want to create iPhone backup of your photos, videos, contacts, text messages, app data, and other settings, iCloud and iTunes are your primary options.
Creating iPhone backup on iCloud
- Make sure that your phone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings – iCloud – Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup if it is not on.
- Tap on Back Up Now.
- To check your backup, go to Settings – iCloud – Storage – Manage Storage, and choose your device. Your backup should be there.
Apple limits free iCloud storage to 5GB, but it can be increased to 50GB for $0.99/mo. If you don’t want any expenses, we recommend backing up on a computer through iTunes.
Creating iPhone backup on computer/flash drive through iTunes
- Install iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and allow it to communicate with the computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Go to File –Devices – Backup – Backup Now.
It creates a backup of your photos, videos, contacts, text messages, app data, etc. on your computer.